Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Beautiful Beltane

It's May Day - the first day of May and the rest of my life.  (Pardon the cliche, but I suspect there will be a few more before I finish this particular blurb.)  Anyway, I'm writing in my online journal to set the tone for the rest of my life - as today goes, so goes the month, year, etc...  So I have to get some writing in today.
Come to think of it, that's an awful lot of pressure to put on this silly, insignificant little piece of wordsmithery.  But I just can't shake the magical thinking habit.  I've been thinking that way as long as I can remember, so I know only too well how it can lead one down the path of disappointment and delusion.  I shouldn't be writing with any expectation or hope that indulging in such superstitious activities will have an effect on an unknown future.  I guess I'll just have to settle for enjoying how the words seem to magically appear on the screen as I move my fingers over the keyboard.  That's awesome enough as it is.  No really.  I'm having fun.  And when I finish writing this bit of nonsense and find the perfect picture to illustrate it, and then hit "publish" on the dashboard to view the finished entry, it'll be even more awesome. 
Enough said.  I've done my occasional first-of-the-month ritual and feel better for it.  Besides, my sister's bugging me to write more, so here it is.  If writing a few words about absolutely nothing on this very fine and first day of May is all I need to make myself feel good, I guess I must be okay.  Would that every day went so well.
There I go again, worrying about what's to come when what's here and now isn't too bad at all.   But is it okay if I look forward to going for a walk as soon as I'm finished here?  Sure it is.  Anticipation is a very in-the-moment way to feel.  Looking forward to something real sweetens the present.  Wow.  I just wrote myself into a really good mood.  Goddess, I love my little web.
Thanks for dropping by, and have a beautiful, blessed, blissful day.
- G.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment