Tuesday, July 1, 2014

July 1st

I've come back to my little web today because I want my most recent blurb to be a happy one.  (The one before this is about a bad habit of mine.)  And since I don't have anything really profound or newsworthy to say (so what else is new?) I'll just wish everyone who passes this way a Happy Day!
As I write this it also happens to be the national holiday of my home and native land.  But even if you're not celebrating a national holiday, celebrate life.  Love your family, love your friends - human and other - and love this beautiful Earth that still sustains us, despite all our efforts to thwart her.
I'm posting some pictures of my mini- holiday this past weekend, spent at a lakeside cottage with a couple of friends.  I'm glad the national holiday happens in the summer, because swimming, canoeing, and drinking beer are just some of the things denizens of this land do to celebrate it, and I always take great pleasure in joining them.  I certainly wouldn't be nearly so enthusiastic if the holiday happened in winter.
I'm also going to leave a couple more hints about just exactly what country it is I call home.  Of course it's no surprise to my legion of followers, because most of them hail from these here parts as well, but I enjoy the delusion of appearing cosmopolitan, in the hopes that my little web has broader appeal.  Or maybe I'm just being modest and self-effacing in not broadcasting whatever patriotism I may possess, which is apparently a trait of this country's citizenry.  I hope that's true, because I consider that to be a good point.  Or maybe it's just a reaction to our huge neighbours to the south, who are really in-your-face with their displays of patriotism.


But please, no matter where you're from, or when you happen to read this little bit of nothing, have a great day, eh?
- G.P. 

No comments:

Post a Comment