Wednesday, June 24, 2015

May the Flake Be with You

I haven't been a complete flake on this little web of mine for a while.  Okay, I know, that's relative. But I'm talking really flaky. So I'm changing that now. Here I go again...
I'm pleased to announce that today I am 23,232 days old.  It's a numerical palindrome - it reads the same forwards as backwards. Cool, eh?  If that isn't reason enough to celebrate this most auspicious of days, I don't know what is.  So that's exactly what I'm doing. Celebrating.  Partying.  And here's how...

During my early morning ashtanga practice a long, bright beam of sunlight shone right across my mat, so that every time time I did upward dog during surya namaskar (salute to the sun) the sun was shining directly onto my face.  
What else could it be but a sign?  It meant that the Universe was helping me observe my "day in the sun." 
I continued the festivities when I got home, by eating the flakiest bit of pastry I could find at a local bakery.  It was a yummy, unhealthy breakfast, complemented with a strong cup of coffee.  What better way to begin the day than with yoga, fatty oil, sugar, and hot blast of caffeine?  It doesn't get better than that.  
But wait.  The day's just begun.  Who knows what eccentric little synchronicities await me? 
Time to go.  Gotta read my tarot. 
Goddess, but I do love this web of mine.
- G.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment