Monday, September 7, 2015

Mission Accomplished

I woke up feeling cranky today, and I don't know why.  Maybe it's the inhumanely hot, humid weather we've been having in these here parts.  Or maybe not.  But writing slows me down and forces me to think clearly, especially when I know others will be reading what I've written.  So here I am.
As soon as I made the decision to write this little blurb, a blue jay began to cry in that steely, high-pitched, slightly grating way they have.  Despite the sharp edge of its call, I find the sound comforting, because it reminds me of the best of my childhood - growing up and playing in gentle, temperate woodlands.  The blue jay outside my window has persisted in calling to me for several minutes, perhaps advising me that expressing myself right now is a good idea.  That's one of the meanings for Blue Jay as spirit guide - communication.
In the few short minutes I've been typing out these words my surly mood has subsided.  I don't feel the need to complain anymore.  Another way to turn a bad mood around is to express gratitude.  Therefore I'd like to thank Saraswati, Hindu goddess of learning, the arts, and communication, as well as my feathered friend who's still cackling outside my window, for helping me return to a place of equanimity.
Just the fact that I can write at my desk and pause for a moment to look out my window at a lovely garden is even more reason to feel gratitude.  I do this almost every day, yet I still frequently dwell on what I lack.  I have enough, and as the ancient Chinese saying goes, enough is as good as a feast.
Enough said.
I feel better now.
Blessed be.
- G.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment