Friday, September 23, 2016

Late Bloomer

Happy Autumnal Equinox.
I write this because I'm setting a pattern for the entire season, as well as the rest of my life.  Being the first day of fall, the seasonal routine I'm establishing is rather obvious, but I should explain how this sets the tone for the rest of my life...
Anyone who's been following me on this little web knows my obsession with the meaning of numbers, and 22 is my favourite.  It's a master number representing making and building, especially foundations, craftsmanship, magic, accomplishment, and dreams made manifest. 
Today is the 22nd of September.  The autumnal equinox lands on the 22nd frequently, but this year is especially noteworthy because when all the numbers of this date are tallied together they equal 22.  As a number that signifies a solid foundation it also means balance.  That's a nice coincidence to occur on an equinox, when the daylight hours are equal to night time.
I know full well that noticing such things is the purview of a magical thinker, but that's why I created this little web - to publicly muse upon strange coincidences and synchronicities.  So to mark this very special and personal equinox I'm writing this blurb.
I enjoy imagining that today is a turning point for me, when day and night are equal and my life is in balance. With two 22s embedded in this date, I move forward on sure footing. Today isn't just the beginning of the rest of my life, it's the start of the best of my life.  So mote it be.
- G.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment