Thursday, June 4, 2020

Time Away with the Fay

There's a columbine growing just outside my door, which happens to be a very fairy-friendly flower.  The Fay like hanging around columbines.  They're a kind of fairy pit-stop.  If you don't believe me, you can google it. 
Anyway - the other day I took a picture of one of the blossoms, and noticed after I'd taken the photo that there was a little dandelion seed on it.  It had escaped my attention while I was taking the picture.  That's because it's a fairy in disguise.  They do that sort of thing.  Fairies can be a tricky lot.
It's nice to know there's still mischief and magic in this world.  It's not all crap out there, even though you wouldn't know it when you check in on the news. 
I'm well aware that writing this piece of fluff about a little bit of fluff doesn't help the grief and pain the whole world is feeling these days.  But this little web of mine isn't called The Magical Musings of Gossamer Penwyche for nothing.  It was never intended to offer solutions to the world's problems.  It's meant as an escape from them - for just a little while. 
Sure, sometimes I address serious issues.  But not today.  Today I'm indulging in some beauty and magic.  It doesn't cause any harm, and it makes me feel better.  And when I feel good, I'm a better person. 
So mote it be.
- g.p.

No comments:

Post a Comment