Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A New World

I'm overdosing on joy. In less than an hour I'm off to places I've never been. I'll be gone for 4 weeks and 3 days and experiencing 2 seasons - early spring and early summer - but I've still managed to pack all I need into one carry-on suitcase. This bodes well. It makes me feel like the seasoned traveller I'm not. I'm putting my money where my mouth is and keeping things minimal. I'll be less burdened by stuff. I'll feel even freer than I would have anyway.
The possible too-much-of-a-good-thing part is because I'm not used to the good fortune that has come to me in an almost in-your-face fashion. I'm still working through the huge, happy changes in my life and am having trouble processing them all. My neural networks are taking a while to download my new program. It's overwhelming and sometimes I freeze up with too much happening too fast. Imagine my confusion when I have to start working with a brand new, updated 2011 version. My default mode tends to be sad or scared. Delete delete delete.
Breathing deeply has never been more enjoyable or more necessary. It's proof that I'm awake and not dreaming. Not that I don't like a good dream now and then, either. But sometimes reality isn't such a bad thing after all. Like now.
So off I go to reinvent myself. That's fun, too. I won't be adding any little threads to my little web while I'm gone, but I'm sure there'll be lots of new information to draw upon when I get back.
That's all for now. I gotta go and start some serious deep breathing, because I've been holding my breath as I've been writing this. That's the overdose part I referred to.
Anyway, ciao for now.
- G.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment