Sunday, October 13, 2013

and the winner is...

Kevin was the first to read my contest blurb.  He's a winner in my books, and my blog.  (Sheesh.  I've got to stop calling this little web of mine a blog, but it scanned nicely just now.)  Kevin's prize was a bottle of chardonnay, and I was happy to give it to him.  I always figured he was smart - after all, he's a geek - but now I know him to be courteous and thoughtful of his colleagues. 
On my first day back at work after I posted the previous blog I trotted right on up to the tech section of the store and pulled up my little web on one of the demo ipads.  Kevin happened to be there, so I told him what I was doing.  I didn't say anything more than I'd ever said to anyone else about having a blog.  No one else had expressed too much interest before - which is why I set up the contest - but Kevin, goddess bless him, walked on over and asked me "What's it about?"  I left quickly without further word, wondering if he'd bother to read it to find out the answer to his question.  Sure enough, he did.  Thanks, Kevin.
And since I'm discussing retail detail here, on the same day Kevin made my day I saw something in the "creative department store" where I work that amused me, so I thought I'd share it with my legion of followers.  Anyone who's read my little web a few times knows that I fancy myself a minimalist, even though it doesn't always show.  That's why it's  rather ironic that part of my job requires me to help other people acquire more stuff.
So there I was, listening to one of the managers giving us a pep talk about all the fabulous new renovations in the store and how it will help increase sales.  The meeting was in the "home" department of the store, and the manager stood right next to a pillow for sale that had the words Collect moments, not things written on it.  Well, I chuckled aloud and shared that particular moment with my manager.  To his credit, he was amused as well.  Now I'm sharing the moment with you, dear reader.
It just goes to show the Universe has a sense of irony, too.
Blessed be.
- G.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment