Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Nonsense for the New Year

It's the second day of the New Year, 2013. (That means it's January 2nd for those of you who are calendrically challenged.)  I ought not to be offending any readers this early in the year - or ever, for that matter - but I'm feeling a bit stupid and uninspired right now, so I'm writing whatever nonsense comes into my head.  I haven't much to say about anything, but I feel I have to say it anyway.  I know that makes no sense whatsoever, but I'll just keep moving my fingers over the keyboard and see what happens...
Nothing.
Nothing's happening.  No thoughts are coming to me apart from the drivel you're reading right now.  So my New Year's gift to you is to cease and desist writing this twaddle right after I wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous 2013, and leave you with a quote that makes me feel better about being a writer, actor, and storyteller whom many people might deem a failure because I'm not rich or famous. (I found the quote on Facebook, posted on one of my "friends" pages where it's misattributed to the Dalai Lama.  But more on getting misinformation from online sources coming soon to a blog near you ...) 
The planet does not need more successful people.  The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers and lovers of all kind.
- David Orr
Well said, Mr. Orr.  And good on you for having your wise words attributed to none other than His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
- G. P

1 comment:

  1. We'll do a "Like", since we're all of much shorter attention spans these days, thanks to... well, we all know who/what to thank, right?

    ReplyDelete