Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Spring Robins Rock

It's a grey spring day, my kitty is sick, I couldn't sleep last night, and the news of the Boston Marathon bombings does nothing to lift me out of the doldrums.  But Mother Nature comes to the rescue.  Thank goddess I saw my first robin of spring this morning.  I spotted him on the roof of the house next door
as I stared out onto the back yard from my study window.  Within moments of seeing him he was joined by his partner.  They were clearly scouting the territory for a place to build a nest.  As I watched them another robin flew by with a long, thin twig.  That sweet, uplifting scene was just the spring tonic I needed.  Life is renewing itself all the time, despite all the shit that humans do to end it.
This is not the happiest of blurbs, but it's honest.  To make amends I've included a lovely, joyous picture.
Long live Pachamama.
- G. P.  

No comments:

Post a Comment