Monday, April 1, 2013

April Aargh

Whew.  I survived yesterday.  And just as I said I would be, I'm healed today.  My sister-the-minister left voice mail for me saying that my Easter Sunday blurb was rather cryptic.  I didn't mean it to be, but when I'm feeling dazed and confused and still want to say something meaningful about bad hair days that could be of some help to others and not just me, I don't like to get too personal.  This little web of mine is supposed to have broader appeal than that.  I want it to resonate with every one of my legion of followers on some level.
So let me elaborate ...
I was calling upon the wisdom of the Zen koan that advises us to make medicine from suffering.  It means that we shouldn't avoid pain or suffering because it's an opportunity to awaken spiritually, and reminds us of our common humanity.  In perfect physical and psychological health there is greed and want.
That's what I meant to say.  Koans can be tricky. 
But I pushed through a really crappy day by facing it head on.  And let me tell you, it went from bad to worse after I posted my blurb.  But just as I'd predicted, I'm recovering nicely today and things are back in order.
I guess the real April Fool's day was yesterday.  That's a good thing, because I like the first day of every month, or year, to be a fresh start.  Posting a bit of wisdom from ancient Zen masters on April 1st is a good way to begin.  If there are any hidden messages in this one, it's the koan, not me.
Namaste.
- G.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment